Bamboo has been used for years and years for a variety of things including flooring. Bamboo is grown in the forests of China with a variety of different species being grown. Bamboo flooring companies are abundant within the world, but one that is well respected in the United States is known as Hawa Bamboo Flooring.
Hawa is a bamboo flooring company based in the beautiful upscale state of New Jersey. Hawa bamboo flooring has been in business since 1993 and has been carefully harvesting and constructing bamboo flooring and other related products ever since. A distribution center was first established in New Jersey in 1999 to distribute their bamboo flooring and other materials and before each distribution, the bamboo flooring goes through strict inspection specifications (11 inspection stations for quality control) to ensure that all the Hawa bamboo flooring is up to par and meets industry standards.
Hawa bamboo flooring uses a specific species of bamboo known as MOSO. Hawa harvests this particular type of bamboo when it is about four to six years mature. This is to ensure durability, solidity, and lucidity of color.
When it comes to Hawa bamboo flooring, Hawa completes its flooring with an 8-coat finish of aluminum oxide and polyurethane. This provides longer-lasting and more durable bamboo flooring to go within your home, office, or other space. Furthermore, when ordering Hawa bamboo flooring, you will not be required to wait weeks for it to be delivered as Hawa strives to ensure they keep a full stock in their New Jersey distribution center.
Hawa has a wide range of products offered including carbonized bamboo flooring. Hawa carbonized bamboo flooring is subjected to heat and pressure, which allows for the sugar compounds within to arise and deepens the color of the bamboo flooring. The longer that the bamboo is subjected to the heat and pressure, the darker the color is from the sugar compounds coming through.
Below, you will find a list of the products offered through Hawa in regards to bamboo flooring:
- Sold bamboo flooring comes in both horizontal and vertical grains as well as natural and carbonized finishes. It can be glued down or nailed down on or above grade.
- Engineered bamboo flooring comes in both horizontal and vertical grains as well as natural and carbonized finishes.
- Distressed bamboo flooring comes in only horizontal grain with four different finishes and stains including natural, carbonized, black walnut, and cherry. You can get this in vertical grain if you wish to place a special order. It can be glued down or nailed down on or above grade.
- Stained bamboo flooring comes in only horizontal grain with the option of three different stain colors including black walnut, cherry, and burgundy. It can be glued down or nailed down on or above grade.
- Engineered clic bamboo flooring comes in both horizontal and vertical grains as well as in natural and carbonized finishes. This flooring is a glue-less, simple and quick installation.
- HDF clic bamboo flooring comes in horizontal and vertical grains as well as natural and carbonized finishes.
- Strand woven bamboo flooring comes in only horizontal grain and carbonized and natural finishes. It is installed just as regular hardwood flooring is.
As you can see, Hawa bamboo flooring comes in a variety of stains and grains. With Hawa bamboo flooring in terms of average cost, you are looking at approximately $4 – $5 per square foot.